POST UPDATE (October 10, 2012): this is now available at digital traincase for only P1200!!! get yours now! only 36 bottles left (got 3 bottles for myself)
original blog posted on Feb 8, 2012:
last December when we went to Hong Kong, one of the things that i got was the bioderma sensibio h20 micelle solution. i have heard raves about this especially from makeup gurus in youtube – so i decided to give it a try.
what it is, is basically a makeup remover in a water based form.
here’s the product description from the BIODERMA website:
• At the cutting edge of innovation, BIODERMA has pioneered micellar solutions. Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, the Sensibio H2O micelle solution gently cleanses face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up.
The micelles contained in its formula effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH).
• Soothing and decongesting active ingredients prevent the feelings of irritation often caused by cleansing.
• Sensibio H2O guarantees excellent cutaneous and ocular tolerance (tested under ophthalmological supervision).
i’ve been using it since December and i must say that this is really one of THE best makeup removers around! i’ve tried all sorts of makeup removers (lancome, chanel, bobbi brown, kiehls, shu uemura) but this by far, is my favorite! HG product indeed.
why? first and foremost – it’s NOT oil based. i hate oil-based makeup removers because the oil tends to migrate to my eyes! oil based removers tend to have their perks – it gets the job done especially in removing waterproof makeup. but this BIODERMA sensibio h20 does exactly that! sans the oil. iiiii loooveeee it!!!!
i got 2 boxes of the 3pc set from watsons hong kong. the set came with 3 bottles in different sizes – a travel size, a 250ml and a 500ml. im sorry i forgot how much it is but i think it’s approximately P1500-P2000. sorry i really forgot to keep the tag.
here’s a road test of the product so you see exactly what i mean:
clean cotton wet with bioderma
crazy looking lady hahaha was trying out different eyeshadows last night 😛 i had on urban decay eyeshadow and mac blacktrack fluidline.
ze cotton after the “clean up”
what i like:
– it really really really removes even the toughest / most waterproof makeup
– a little goes a long way
– it doesnt leave any residue on my skin
– it doesnt make my skin feel dry / irritated. totally not harsh on the skin!
– no pulling of the skin required!!! you just need to gently wipe with a cotton to get the job done
– works on everything – eyes, face and lips
what i don’t like:
– not available in the philippines 😦
– the price is a bit steep but i think this bottle will last me at least 6 months!
mrskendz verdict: *****
truly one of the best makeup remover i have ever tried. i will definitely repurchase everytime i go to singapore or hong kong! will stock up on this for sure! 🙂