i’ve been using the naked 2 palette for almost 2 weeks, trying out different looks. before i go into my review, here are some pictures of the naked 2 palette as well as a side by side comparison with the original naked palette:
the colors are absolutely divine! 🙂 i think this is one of the best palette ever created in terms of color combination.
here’s a close up look of the colors:
a side by side comparison with the original naked palette (on top). as you can see, naked 2 is more cool-toned (more pinkish undertones) while the original is warmer (more brown/orange undertones).
what i like:
– lovely lovely colors
– honestly, i dont think you can ever go wrong with urban decay palettes. their eyeshadows are one of the best in the industry (for me). very pigmented and long lasting!
– packaging is sooo much better than the naked palette. i love that this came in a tin container with a larger mirror! the original one was a bit too flimsy for my taste
– i also like that the palette comes with a dual-sided brush (shading and blending). you can get away with using the brush that it comes with 🙂
– colors are suitable for work and for school and very easy to work with
– they added blackout, which is a true matte black! works great wonders in transitioning your eye makeup from day to night look (just add black on the outer v).
what i dont like:
– i find that some of the colors are not as pigmented as i want them to be 😦 works best with primer
– there are just too many shimmery / glittery colors in the palette. i would have preferred if they have added more matte colors in
– some of the shadows are similar or the same as the ones in the naked palette. it would have been better if they created a palette that will compliment the original one (and not look almost the same)
– chopper and YDK (which is a loveeely color) tends to fallout! but i discovered that if you apply primer first, such as NYX jumbo pencils, you get less fall out. oh and also make sure you tap your brush before applying your shadow.
– not much crease color; colors in the palette are more of lid colors
mrskendz’ verdict: ****
as an individual palette (not comparing with the original), ill give this 4 out of 5. why just 4? because i think they could have done better by adding more matte colors for crease. although the colors are pretty, i find that they work best as lid colors. oh and i do find that some shadows (verve and suspect) doesnt really show up nicely unless you have a good base underneath (such as a paintpot or nyx jumbo pencil)
however, i still strongly recommend this especially for people who are just starting playing or using makeup! i survived with this palette alone for two weeks (and i think i can survive for another two weeks). so get your palette now! hurry while supplies last as this beauty is really hard to get by! (got mine from digitaltraincase for P3500)
MAC Painterly paint pot, booty call (lids), tease (crease) and busted (outer v)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Yogurt, with YDK (lids) and Busted (crease)
blackout with chopper on top
piston (lids), blackout (crease – very lightly)
suspect (all over)
chopper (lids) and snakebite (crease)
nyx jumbo pencil in french fries and snakebite (all over)
hope you found this post helpful! 🙂 lemme know if you have any question.