lui and i had room and dinner reservations at sofitel last sat which was still part of our anniversary celebration. 🙂
the whole experience was good, could have been better if the pool was open and for some other minor things. but all in all it was good and we loved spending time together, just the two of us 🙂
so here’s a breakdown of the good and the bad:
- because of our membership with Accor Advantage, we didn’t have to pay for our room reservation. we also got 50% discount (P1,888) for our dinner buffet. this was huge savings!
- the room was spacious
- the room came with a balcony which was great! it has a good view of the whole manila bay
- the bed was soft – i slept like a baby!
- the shower had hot and cold water – i love taking hot baths 🙂
- as usual, SPIRAL was superb. truly one of the best buffet i’ve ever tried.
- they charge parking (!) even for checked-in customers. it’s a whopping P150 per night. grrr
- the place is sooooo isolated. by mid-noon saturday, i was bored out of my wits!
- the pillows were too soft – it basically disappears when you lie on it.
- the pool was closed, which our agent failed to tell us 😦
- the hotel is OLD. period. the fixtures / furniture in the room were old. even the tv was outdated. the bathroom was slightly dirty as well. the room came with basic stuff. (aside from the bathroom, the rest of the room was clean. thank God)
all in all, i’ll rate our stay at sofitel a 3 /5. the only GREAT thing about sofitel, truly, is the buffet (which i’ll give a 4.5 /5). room-wise, i’d still choose makati shang (or even pan pacific suite) anytime of the day. 🙂 the location is really bad. not very accessible.